Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Christmas

Since I'm on here about once a month - if that - I figured I'd go ahead and say, "Merry Christmas!"  From my little family to yours, wherever you may be, we wish you the best this holiday season!

We're looking forward to spending Christmas Eve with those of my family who are in the area, then Christmas we will have my (18 year old) baby brother with us.  Only one week after that, my little guy will be 2 years old!  It doesn't seem possible that he could be 2 already!  I could swear it was just yesterday I was wondering if we would ever have children to love as our own, and now we have two!  Of our own flesh and blood!  How great God is!

Christmas is so much fun with a little one to enjoy it.  He's always looking for more Christmas lights when we're out and about, and gets excited to see Christmas trees.  We have an advent "calendar" that is the Christmas story broken down into 24 separate little booklets.  We read a little book before putting the little guy to bed, then he shows us where to hang it on our tree.  They are getting a little bit grouped together at the top, but I think it's fun for him to be able to point to the top, since he can't reach it.

I enjoyed doing a bit of baking, and have 2 more plates of cookies to deliver to neighbors before Christmas. It's funny how the scents of our traditional cookies make it seem like it's really Christmas time!

Speaking of scents, just yesterday we were at the local Arby's and as we were leaving, we walked past an older lady who smelled of old cigarette smoke.  I was surprised to find tears sting my eyes - not because she smelled bad, but because of the smell, I remembered my Grandma, and was struck again with missing her.  Are you affected by scents this way?

I finally completed the huge project I had undertaken to make drapes for our church building, so now find myself with a large list of sewing I want to do for myself and my family.  One of the things I have in my mental to do list, is to create a pattern for a dress shirt that will fit my beloved husband perfectly.  I'm looking forward to the challenge!  I also have fabric to make coordinating outfits for my girly and me.  Then there is still the list of UFOs that I need to work on...

Okay, my rambling seems to be drawing to a close, so I will leave you with this:
Merry Christmas!  


No comments:

Post a Comment